Performing Netgear router firmware update every now and then is required if you want your networking device to work well. In this article, we have highlighted the step-by-step guidelines following which you will be able to update the firmware of your Netgear wireless router using the routerlogin.net admin details. Read on.
What Before Netgear Router Firmware Update?
Many users get their knickers in a twist when they get stuck with technical issues during the Netgear router firmware update process. To ensure that you do not get stuck in the same dump hole, we have highlighted some points in this section. It is advised that you keep them in mind while executing the firmware update process.
- Ensure that a proper power supply is being supplied to your router.
- The Ethernet cable that you will use should have zero cuts in or on it.
- There should not be too less or too much distance between the WiFi devices.
- Use only an updated internet browser.
- Make sure that the antivirus software is disabled on your system.
Now that you have gone through these points, it is recommended that you walk through the steps highlighted below in order to update the firmware of your Netgear wireless router to its latest version.
How to Perform Netgear Router Firmware Update?
If you want to learn how to perform Netgear router firmware update using the manual method, here are the steps that need your attention:
- Plug your Netgear router into a working wall socket.
- Press the power button.
- Connect the networking devices, i.e. router and the modem.
- Switch on your computer and open an internet browser.
- In the URL field, enter routerlogin.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear router login page will pop up with two fields.
- In the first field, enter the username, and in the second, type the password.
- Click on the login button.
- As soon as the BASIC Home screen appears, go to the Settings menu.
- Under the Maintenance option, click the Firmware Update button.
Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the Netgear router firmware update process using the Netgear routerlogin.net web address.
Despite following the aforementioned instructions carefully, if you still got stuck with technical issues, then go through the hacks given in the following section.
Netgear Router Firmware Update Failed?
- Use the Address Bar
Let us hope that you have used not used the search bar to access the routerlogin.net web address. By ‘URL field’ we meant the address bar of your internet browser, not the search bar. Rectify your mistake and see if you are able to update the firmware of your Netgear router or not.
- Enter the Correct Login Credentials
Another reason why you are not able to perform the Netgear router firmware update is that you have not used the correct credentials to access the BASIC Home screen. Thus, it is recommended that you enter the correct admin login details. In case you are not sure of them, consider taking some guidance from the ones mentioned in the user manual which you got with your device.
- Avoid WiFi Interference
Last, but not least, to get rid of the Netgear router firmware update failed issue; you ought to keep WiFi interference at bay. And that can only be done if you keep your router away from cordless phones, washing machines, refrigerators, baby monitors, microwave ovens, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, etc.
After walking through all of these troubleshooting hacks, it is recommended that you try to update the firmware of your Netgear wireless router to its most recent version using the admin login credentials.
The Bottom Line
As mentioned at the beginning of this article, performing a Netgear router firmware update is damn important if you want your device to function well at all costs. Not only does it enhances the performance of your device, but also fixes bugs and adds the latest features.
We hope that you were able to perform the Netgear router firmware updates after following the guidelines mentioned above with ease. If you were, it is recommended that you share just a few words of appreciation in the comment section. Your feedback is needed so that your fellow readers also get the chance to get rid of the issue that they are experiencing.